Migrants and Wool
- on the City of Adelaide
provides a unique opportunity:
▪ to voyage back in time and obtain an unforgettable glimpse into the 19th century
▪ to climb aboard and explore this historic tall ship, and to imagine the pleasures, hardships and adventures of life at sea
▪ to appreciate the English, Scottish and Germanic heritage of South Australia’s 19th century newcomers
▪ to understand the importance of sailing ships bringing migrants to the young colony, and importing merchandise
▪ to learn of the vital economic importance of the clipper ships in carrying Australia’s wool exports swiftly to the London Wool Sales.