• Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes are an excellent resource in education.
• There is a ﬁne line between fables, folktales, fairy tales and myths so for this section they have been labelled fairy tales.
• The list of fairy tales and nursery rhymes at the beginning of the chapter is just a guide for students to have some reminders of the various ones
available. These fairy tales and nursery rhymes are mostly from the English culture but there is a vast array of fabulous ones from various cultures.
• The ideas in this chapter are designed to motivate students to write. They are not designed as whole class writing topics, but rather as a springboard to motivate students in writing.
• As with all writing topics, your students will ﬁnd these ideas easier to use if you demonstrate how to use the various activities.
• It would be useful for students to have access to a variety of nursery rhyme and fairytale books for reference.